Explore Your Program Options

Discover Abroad

Experience a completely different study abroad program with Discover Abroad. Our programs are travel-based and led by UGA faculty, allowing you to see several different locations within the country while earning a variety of UGA course credits. Our award-winning programs travel to Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Hawaii, England, Scotland, and the Great Smoky Mountains. You will participate in a wide range of activities including but not limited to: snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef, hiking in New Zealand, visiting active volcanoes in Hawaii, a walking tour of the city of Sydney, a homestay in Fiji, and so much more. Love learning outdoors? Our programs are 75% field-based which means you get the most interactive and hands-on learning experience possible. We offer several programs in the Spring Semester, Winter Break, and Summer sessions. We would love to see you on one of our life-changing programs!

Live Zoom Events

Discover Abroad Information Session 1
11:00am to 12:00pm
1/28/21
Meet with UGA Discover Abroad staff to discuss their program options with them live on zoom!
Meeting ID: 922 8192 3572
Passcode: 645231
Discover Abroad Information Session 2
3:00pm to 4:00pm
1/28/21
Meeting ID: 933 3545 1589
Passcode: 800359

UGA Discover Abroad Staff Contact Information

Ansley Silva
Marketing and Admissions Coordinator
discoverabroad@uga.edu
Joshua Hanna
Administrative Associate
discoverabroad@uga.edu
Mikell Gleason
Assistant Director
mgleason@uga.edu

"This goes up there with the best months of my life. From the amazing sights, incredible relationships, and direct application of class material, this was a month that has truly had a lasting impact on my life. I got to see some of the most breathtaking views in the entire world. Comparing those experiences to the price of this trip - they do not even compare."
- Jack Baltz, Spring Semester 2020 Participant

"I couldn't have imagined a more fulfilling month. From 6am snorkels on the Great Barrier Reef at sunrise, to hiking to a glacial lake in the sleet, every moment with UGA Discover Abroad was an adventure. I hope every student has the opportunity to travel and experience as many locations as I did. Forever grateful for the memories and lifelong friends I gained as a result of this trip."
- Jessica Milburn, Maymester 2019 Participant

"I think my favorite part of the trip was how quickly we all realized that we were doing something that most people only dream about. I swam in the Great Barrier Reef, I climbed the mountains they used in Lord of the Rings, and I learned so much! It was a once in a lifetime trip and I think it was one of the best choices I've made since coming to UGA."
- Robert Chambers, Maymester 2018 Participant

"I had high expectations for this program, and they were certainly exceeded. We got to see so many different areas, from active volcanoes to black sand beaches to the capital city, so I feel lucky to have been able to experience so much of Hawaii in a single week. The other UGA students on the trip really made it great – I came back with a new love for Hawaii, interest in sustainability, and friends who did it all with me."
- Hallie Kielb, Spring Break Hawaii 2019 Participant