Explore Your Program Options

Advanced Music Study in Italy

The Alessandria program offers a unique opportunity for intensive practice and performance in the culturally rich surroundings of Italy. Students have wonderful opportunities to perform with Italian musicians in a wide variety of chamber and orchestral ensembles. Located in the heart of the Piemonte region, Alessandria is in near proximity to three of Italy’s most exciting cities, Milan, Torino, and Genova. It is also within traveling distance of the foothills of the Alps, the sparkling waters of Lake Como, and the beaches of Liguria. In addition to these attractions, the relaxed setting of Alessandria itself provides an ideal environment for study. The three-week program includes daily lessons with teachers from the University of Georgia the Conservatory in Alessandria and international Artist, opportunities to play alongside Italian musicians, and weekly performances. Frequent excursions to museums, opera houses, and historical sites are also included in the agenda.

Courses available include violin, viola, violoncello, double bass, bassoon, jazz, trombone, flute, trumpet, Saxophone, percussion, piano, tuba / Euphonium and voice. Conducting course will be active in ensembles as well as private lessons. Students will receive credit for private lessons and may also register for Italian and chamber music courses. 

Program Contact Information

Director
Phone: (706) 542-2779
Email: mmasciad@uga.edu
Program Assistant
Email: mattia.beccari25@uga.edu
Student Quote: "I had a wonderful time. I learned a lot about myself, and the type of teacher I want to be. This is something I will remember forever, and help shape my future. I am so thankful I was able to go."
Student Quote: "I think I grew more as a musician in the short weeks that I was there than I had my entire time playing the cello growing up."