The UGA Cortona Program has been in existence for over fifty years, making it one of Italy’s and UGA’s oldest and most well-established study abroad programs. We offer an array of courses in a range of disciplines – the Arts, Humanities, Sciences, International Business, Fine Arts, and Agriculture. We offer programs throughout the year, with Maymester, Junemester, and Summer options, as well as programs offered during the Fall and Spring. On average, students take 12 credit hours during the Fall and Spring, 9 hours during the Summer, and 6 hours during the May and June programs.
Since 1970, the UGA Cortona International Center has welcomed students to live and study abroad in the beautiful Tuscan hill-town of Cortona, Italy. We conduct academic programs throughout the year that offer courses in the Arts, Sciences, and the Humanities.
- Cortona, Italy, located in the heart of the Tuscan countryside is a short train ride to either Rome or Florence
- Offers 8-10 programs that run Fall, Spring, May, June, and Summer
- The UGA Cortona Fall Program affords participants the opportunity to spend the first week of their program residing and studying in the UK at the UGA at Oxford International Center. You will participate in excursions, including London, as well as other sites in Southern England.
- UGA-owned and staffed housing, a former monastery with foundations dating back to the 13th century, offers studio space, as well as lecture classroom facilities
- Fall and Spring courses include Art History, Women’s Studies, Italian Language, Sculpture, Ceramics, Painting, Jewelry/Metalwork, Printmaking, digital/analog Photography, & Papermaking/Bookarts
- Summer programs include a variety of Maymester, June, and Summer options which offer major-specific study in the Arts, Landscape Architecture, Interior Design, International Business, Science, Agriculture, Graphic Design, & Theatre
- Offers courses taught in English with UGA and foreign faculty
- We take students at all levels & our programs are open to all majors
- The variety of courses we offer fulfill major work, as well as general education and humanities requirements.
- Courses are direct UGA credit, no transfer credit involved
- All financial aid, including Hope and Zell Miller, apply
- Out-of-state students pay in-state tuition
- UGA Cortona-specific scholarships, as well as many general scholarship opportunities, are available
- Excursions (depending on the program in which you are enrolled) across Italy, include Rome, Florence, Venice, Naples, Siena, Pisa, and more!